Friday, December 18, 2009

Boating & Friends


I had the wonderful opportunity to go boating. Woot! I'm pretty sure the last time I went was in high school (I know, sad story). We arrived at Deer Creek at a nice 7:30 am and entered the water at 8. One word, a bit cold. Okay, that was three words, but who cares. I met my newfound friend, and began an unhealthy abusive relationship with the wakeboard. At try number four I was able to ride the water, then within about 2 seconds my face met the lovely water. After this mean trick, I told my friend I was going to stay on top of the water whether he liked it or not. And said a prayer that I would as well. One word (for reals this time) SUCCESS! I stayed up! Not just once, but two more times after. It rocked! Moving on with the day I was able to reacquaint (is that a word) myself with my friend known as "the tube". Now, the tube is a much gentler friend than the wakeboard, however, the driver of the boat was a bit on the wild side. No complaints. Anywho, success was found on the tube except for one specific moment where i rolled and held on somehow with one arm and then let go. Two words, it hurt! I also lost my shorts. lol. Oh, funny moments. I would love to make the story better by saying that my shorts were really all that was on the bottom, but that would be lie and lying is sinning, and sinning is bad. Therefore, the story remains that I simply lost my shorts. I now at this moment feel as though I was hit by a car/had a sweet full body work out. I'm pretty sure the only part of my body that doesn't hurt is my feet. Other than my shoulder feeling like it was ripped out of it's socket, I believe it was all worth it. hehe. The things we subject ourselves to...to have "fun". It makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones